Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Peruvian Brownies



Brownies is a food that will melt away all your worries with a single bite. I found the recipe for these delectable little treats on the Peruvian cooking website Yanuq.com. My husband described these as 'the best brownies ever', I think he may be a little partical considering he is Peruvian and all. However, I am not Peruvian so I can tell you that these, unbiasedly, are the most delicous brownies I've ever tasted in my life! I immediately packed up and froze half the batch otherwide my husband and I would devour them all with in a couple of days! Hello, my name is Nicole and I am a sweets-a-holic. Is there a 12 step program for a problem like this?

This recipe is very simple to make and requires very basic ingredients. I believe you'll thoroughly enjoy these.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Cocoa Powder
  • 9 oz Butter
  • 3 cups Sugar
  • 2 cups Flour
  • 6 Eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • Powdered Sugar
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan or double broiler on medium low heat. Remove from heat once completely melted.
  3. Mix in cocoa powder with melted butter until smooth.
  4. Once cocoa is completely incorporated, mix in sugar.
  5. Transfer the sugar mixture to a large bowl and mix in eggs.
  6. Sift flour and salt into sugar mixture and combine completely.
  7. Place batter in a rectandular baking dish (I used an 11 in x 7 in pan) that's been buttered and floured.
  8. Bake brownies for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
I like my brownies very soft and gooey but if you prefer a firmer brownie, bake them for 10 to 15 minutes more, checking on them every 5 minutes or so.

You can jazz up your brownies any way you'd like. A few ideas that immediately come to mind are:
  • Vanilla extract
  • Chocolate chips
  • Nuts
  • Peanut butter
  • 1 tsp of instant coffee mix
Feel free to make this recipe your own! These are officially my favorite brownie recipe ever!

This recipe yeilded me 24 1 inch square brownies that were quite thick. You could use a larger baking pan and get more, thinner brownies if you'd like. Just be sure to keep an eye on them so they don't overbake.

No comments:

Post a Comment